Flooding.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ironic.

Due to the ongoing and extended rain for the last couple of months large parts of the country are flooded.

The latest is there is a water shorage due to water works being flooded. Severall hospital may have to close.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6909198.stm

_44014202_warwkspigback_203.jpg

1000's of commuters have been stranded, motorways closed and public transport stopped over many counties.

This is the height of summer and I think we've had 3 sunny days in the last month. Temps are around 65°f lower than this time last year.

SWMBO has family in the areas affected and some of them have been evacuated.
No fly zones have been implemented over some areas and power has been cut and water supplies have now been cut.

How odd. Have you ever experienced a summer like this before? I've always heard that England gets rainy and foggy but this is insane!

Starting to look like that movie The Day After Tomorrow. Head South Orfy, fast......

The annoying thing is the rest of the EU are having a dangerously hot summer and we are getting the effects of the edge of this weather system.

Basically we have had no summer. What a bummer.

It's been pretty bad in Central Texas lately. We usually see 100+ degree Summers with no rain. I can't recall the last day of sunshine we got this Summer. I heard this has been the wettest Summer in the past 60 years.

GLOBAL WARMING!!!!!

*Runs off with hands flailing wildly in air while eyes roll around in head like cookie monster and gibberish starts flowing freely from mouth*

WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!

Reverend JC said:
GLOBAL WARMING!!!!!

*Runs off with hands flailing wildly in air while eyes roll around in head like cookie monster and gibberish starts flowing freely from mouth*

WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!

I can't wait. According to most models I will have Ocean front property soon.

Last year, we had a summer of 89 days without rain. Last week, we got 1.5 inches, just as 90% of the seed farmers had cut their crop to dry. Worse, it rained five days in a row, so mold is almost certain. I'm really glad I am not a farmer.

It's getting worse and no signs of ending.
I think this is the first time in recorded history it's ever been so wide spread and for so long.
Thankfully there is nothing with in 60 miles of me at present but I live 100 yards from a major river.

I saw alot of the worst of it in the news two days ago- all I can say is wow. So many people are affected and it's so widespread.

I'm thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed that your river stays where it belongs.

Back