Floaties in bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeaBass512

Reaction score
Hey everyone....I made a 60 minute IPA clone about six months ago with great results. It has aged well and really tastes like the original. Anyway, I went into the basement this morning to grab a bottle for a guy at work, and when I picked up the Grolsh bottle, I noticed "sediment" on the walls of the neck of the bottle. Not a ton, but enough for me to notice and look at the other bottles (all 5 I have left have this.)

I just drank a bottle of this last week and it was fine, but I didn't inspect the bottle too closely before drinking it. Is it just sediment that somehow found its way onto the neck? I'm sure it's not a big deal, as the last few bottles I drank were fine, but still, I was pretty mad when I noticed it...I don't want to give away my beer if it isn't pretty close to perfect. Especially to this guy.

Thanks

More than likely. Like you said, you tasted them and they were fine. Grolsh are oddly shaped bottles, so I wouldn't be surprised of some got stuck in the shoulder of the bottle as it settled.

Back