Float switch bypass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Islandboy85

Reaction score
So I’ve heard mixed reviews about float switches, but have several in the design for my brewery. I’m gona add a 1/4” switch into the wiring to be able to bypass the switch in case it fails during a brew day, but can’t decide if I want to put these rarely used bypass switches inside the control panel, or mounted through it so I don’t have to open up the enclosure. What are your thoughts?

Have the switches accessible from the outside of the enclosure. If a float switch fails in the middle of a brew, you don't want to have to shut off power to the control panel to reach inside.

Brew on :mug:

Have the switches accessible from the outside of the enclosure. If a float switch fails in the middle of a brew, you don't want to have to shut off power to the control panel to reach inside.

I was thinking that last night after I posted this. 🤦🏼‍♂️

55A0CCE9-CB72-4DFA-A8FF-26381D22CCBB.jpeg
Well, there they are. Built a switch guard out of some leftover extruded aluminum I had floating around my toolbox from back in my hangar days.

Back