flexible gas lines for moveable stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emyers

Reaction score
What's a good source for flexible gas lines for a brewstand I plan to stow away every brew day? Ill be going off my houses natural gas and would like 10-15 feet.

BBQ stores most likely. TBH if you're using really big burners with high BTU ratings, it's fairly spendy for a 10-15 foot hose with a big enough diameter to operate properly. You'd be far better off (if you have large BTU burners) to extend your gas line and use a shorter hose.

I use 1/2" Goodyear brand Blue PVC hose with a quick disconnect on each end. It's 25ft. It's not specifically designed for gas, but I did some research and PVC will not degrade. Plus, I use it for an hour or so a few times a month. If it was a permanent installation I wouldn't use it.

This is what I use. I store my stand in the garage and move it outside whenever I brew. I plug it into the NG outlet in the back yard. I attached a gas valve (yellow knob type) to the house outlet as an additional safety shut-off but the tubing has a quick connect shut-off as well. I just thought it was better to spend the extra cash on something made for NG.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I8246RU/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to my hardware store and found a PVC flexible hose rated for gas, liquids, fuel, etc and good to like 100psi (natural gas is like .5 psi) and used some hose barbs and clamps. I have checked it a few times and it is perfectly fine after 2 years and no leaks. I prob paid a buck or two per foot for it.

Use a lighter to find leaks right?

I think i'll just use a garden hose off my homes gas regulator, more flow and cheap!!

;)

G4 burners is where I got mine. Not cheap, but it the RIGHT and SAFE way to go. It comes in different lengths and comes with a QD. I have the 25' length. It is well built (and purpose built). Not cheap, but far less than blowing up your house and not having insurance cover it cuz you used a garden hose to move NG.

Back