Flat beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brittney81895

Reaction score
I just bought a couple of used kegs and new o-rings. I cleaned it all up and transfered a perfect pilzner. It looks amazing! I moved the keg to a warmer area to begin conditioning while I enjoy the porter I have on tap, and that was when I noticed it....a newbee mistake. I didn't have seal problems with the first keg, but I forgot to check the seals on the second one before putting the beer in it! :( I am going to look for some silicone grease today, but what I am wondering is have I lost my batch of beer? Will it get an infection from not having a tight seal?

Thanks for replying! :) I dont have a LHBS close by, will a place like Home Depot sell food grade lube?

If you have a Cash & Carry/Smart & Final around, they stock food grade lube. As far as your Home Depot question: yes they have lube that would work. Do you want to use it? A resounding 'no'.

Mmmmmm, would water based intimate lube work?

Edit . This post, when read back, screams regret

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. They even have flavored ones that you could use to forgo fruit extracts. :ban:

Anybody care to try and report back?

Thanks! I got some silicone grease at HD and it seems to have done the trick. I will definetly include some keg lube in my next online brew purchase. I just hope the beer dosent have an off flavor or worse due to oxygen exposure.

Back