Fizz Drops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I purchased a beer brewing kit from a company online and today is bottling day. First time trying to brew beer. The brew went smooth a couple weeks ago. The company provided "Fizz Drops" that you put into the bottle before racking and capping. Then they say to have them sit in a cool dark place for another week to carbonate.. My question is, that's it? Lol.. I appreciate any feedback.

Hello everyone! I purchased a beer brewing kit from a company online and today is bottling day. First time trying to brew beer. The brew went smooth a couple weeks ago. The company provided "Fizz Drops" that you put into the bottle before racking and capping. Then they say to have them sit in a cool dark place for another week to carbonate.. My question is, that's it? Lol.. I appreciate any feedback.
Room temp out of light for 2 weeks should do good. Leave me alone lol. What I do is on day 14 I put one in the fridge for the next day. If it’s carbed then the rest should be if not wait another week. I’ve had some take 3 weeks.

There's nothing to be sorry about. As you noted, you're new to this and I think we can all relate to the sense of excitement mixed with confusion that marks everyone's first batch or two. You got this! You're going to make some great beer! :bigmug:
I really appreciate that. Thank you!! Hope you're right, lol

Room temp out of light for 2 weeks should do good. Leave me alone lol. What I do is on day 14 I put one in the fridge for the next day. If it’s carbed then the rest should be if not wait another week. I’ve had some take 3 weeks.
Room temp, yes that's it. That sounds good. I'm actually going to do that after two weeks with the fridge. TY!

https://www.morebeer.com/products/premium-beer-brewing-kit-kegging-system.html
It's an Ale..

i tried to find the clip, best i could find is a meme.....lol

benderdrau.jpg

(i tried to make 100% rye beer once from unmalted rye berries, couldn't understand why the OG was so low! :mug:)

Back