Quantcast

Fizz Drops

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I purchased a beer brewing kit from a company online and today is bottling day. First time trying to brew beer. The brew went smooth a couple weeks ago. The company provided "Fizz Drops" that you put into the bottle before racking and capping. Then they say to have them sit in a cool dark place for another week to carbonate.. My question is, that's it? Lol.. I appreciate any feedback.

Bramling Cross

Reaction score
There's nothing to be sorry about. As you noted, you're new to this and I think we can all relate to the sense of excitement mixed with confusion that marks everyone's first batch or two. You got this! You're going to make some great beer! :bigmug:

Joshua Hughes

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I purchased a beer brewing kit from a company online and today is bottling day. First time trying to brew beer. The brew went smooth a couple weeks ago. The company provided "Fizz Drops" that you put into the bottle before racking and capping. Then they say to have them sit in a cool dark place for another week to carbonate.. My question is, that's it? Lol.. I appreciate any feedback.
Room temp out of light for 2 weeks should do good. Leave me alone lol. What I do is on day 14 I put one in the fridge for the next day. If it’s carbed then the rest should be if not wait another week. I’ve had some take 3 weeks.

OP
S
Reaction score
There's nothing to be sorry about. As you noted, you're new to this and I think we can all relate to the sense of excitement mixed with confusion that marks everyone's first batch or two. You got this! You're going to make some great beer! :bigmug:
I really appreciate that. Thank you!! Hope you're right, lol

OP
S
Reaction score
Room temp out of light for 2 weeks should do good. Leave me alone lol. What I do is on day 14 I put one in the fridge for the next day. If it’s carbed then the rest should be if not wait another week. I’ve had some take 3 weeks.
Room temp, yes that's it. That sounds good. I'm actually going to do that after two weeks with the fridge. TY!

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score