Fixing broken handles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N3Bruce

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have two "reconditioned" used corny kegs that have the rubberized handles, and the rubber has cracked through. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to fix the handles, they still otherwise seal and do the job, but they are difficult to handle, particularly when full.

I have glued the rubber tops & bottoms back on w gorrilla glue, after a good surface prep, but don't know of a repair if the rubber part not intact.

Also I do have several that have no tops, and agree they are a little harder to handle, and only use them when all my other kegs are full or when I end up w a partial keg of brew due to smaller or larger than normal sized batch. A experienced welder w a TIG should be able to add some sort of stainless handles, but if you had to pay someone it is probably not worth it, as used kegs are pretty cheep.

Back