Fittings for Robobrew Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WinterWarlock

Reaction score
Has anyone out there successfully added garden hose fittings to the chiller that comes with the Robobrew? I'm assuming the diameter of the stainless tubing is metric. Not sure if it would be doable to solder a copper npt adapter (along with a npt to garden hose adapter) to this stainless chiller. Or perhaps there is a solution that doesn't involve soldering. Getting tired of using vinyl tubing for chilling, as it kinks too easily.

It's 1/2" dude. Simply get 1/2" silicone tubing, get a garden hose adapter with 1/2" barb, connect the tubing to both ends, and use worm clamps to clamp them down. That's what I did, easy peasy. If you want links on what to buy I can provide them but I won't be able to post them till tomorrow.

Rev.

Thanks, Rev. That's basically what I'm doing now, except I'm using regular pvc tubing. Maybe I'll go with silicone if the soldering doesn't work out. I thought it would be cool to ditch the tubing altogether and solder hose fittings directly to the chiller.

Thanks, Rev. That's basically what I'm doing now, except I'm using regular pvc tubing. Maybe I'll go with silicone if the soldering doesn't work out. I thought it would be cool to ditch the tubing altogether and solder hose fittings directly to the chiller.

Oh so sorry man, I misread the intent of your post! Sorry about that.

Rev.

Back