fishy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bengerman

Reaction score
let me preface this with two statements:
1) i'm (almost) full-blood scandanavian
B) i'm (mostly) druuk
2) I forgot what the third part is.

So, me and my sister/roommate/best drinking pal have discovered Alaska Distillery's Smoked Salmon Vodka.

we've come up with a few drinks, including the northwest martini:
2 parts Smoked Salmon Vodka,
1 part dry vermouth
splash bitters
onion garnish

and some others, built around this fishy vodka.

i was wondering if anyone else had anything amazing (or terrible) to share.

One day sitting at the river drinking beers with my buddies. There is this kid trying to catch minnows with his bare hands. My buddy of ye little faith doesnt think he can do it. I say if he does you gotta eat it just as my buddy agrees. The kid catchs one so we get the minnow and he puts it in his beer and chugs it down he gags for a couple of minutesb and stumbles around the riverbank and finally says itll never happen again and BAM! that kid gets another one. The look on my freinds face was of pure horror Because, he knew he had to do it again. That was a priceless day

i'm actually kinda surprised nobody else has tried it.
not at all surprised that noone will admit to liking it, but nobody's tried it? y'all need to get out more.

it's really smooth, goes down like flavorless vodka, then BAM! smoked salmon (but no artificial flavor at all, just like you're eating a bite of smoked salmon)

please note, these trials have been repeted both totally sober and sotally tober.

if i find it i will buy it... any booze that tastes like smoked fish has got to be good...

Going to try bev mo first to avoid shipping. I'm truly intrigued.... Fishy Vodka just sounds.. well, strangely good. Probably not with an olive straight up, but I can think of other flavor compliments that would work. plus it would be a hell of a conversation starter.

Back