Fishkill, NY What?????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fretman124

Reaction score
Guess I pissed somebody off so I'm getting sent to Fishkill for 6 weeks or so. Not sure if I'll have any time off to actually do anything, but just in case - what is there to do in (or around) Fishkill NY?

BTW, I'm in Oregon, so haven't been to NY too much

thanks for any suggestions

Evets said:
I dunno, kill fish?

Wow....a post so full of information! thanks for helping a guy out thats going across the country, to where he knows no one, and no idea of what the area has to offer. I'm sure I'll find an AppleBee's, a Papa Johns Pizza and probably a tavern.

I live right on the Columbia River, pretty near the ocean. So killing fish is a passion. However, there are no runs of Chinook, Coho and steehead in NY and I doubt theres Pacific Halibut and Albacore Tuna in Fishkill. My freezer is stuffed with fish, anyway.

Let me know if you ever come out this way. Be sure to ask for pointers on what the area has to offer.

Well, when you ask a question in the drunken ramblings section, you almost gotta expect a ******* response of some kind. I beg your pardon, I was just being cute. Fact is I don't know the first thing about Fishkill, but I hope you find something to do there and have yerself a blast.

And I'll be sure to keep you in mind if I ever get out that way.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=fishkill+new+york&ie=UTF8&ll=41.488006,-74.009399&spn=2.008048,3.702393&z=8&iwloc=addr&om=1"]Here it is.[/ame] [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=bars&near=Fishkill,+NY&fb=1&view=map&cd=1&ll=41.531712,-73.903828&spn=0.06271,0.1157&z=13&om=1"]Here are some bars for ya[/ame]... Found this brewery just north of Fishkill, might be worth checking out if your bored...

Never been there before, just what I found on google...good luck out there.

Evets said:
Well, when you ask a question in the drunken ramblings section, you almost gotta expect a ******* response of some kind. I beg your pardon, I was just being cute. Fact is I don't know the first thing about Fishkill, but I hope you find something to do there and have yerself a blast.

And I'll be sure to keep you in mind if I ever get out that way.

Sorry...bad mood. After all, I'm going to Fishkill.......

Google's your friend

http://www.pubcrawler.com/Template/dsp_restaurant_search_results.cfm/flat/State=NY/city=Fishkill

Antonella's Pizzeria & Rstrnt, Fishkill, New York
Boston Market, Fishkill, New York
Bridle Ridge, Fishkill, New York
Burger King, Fishkill, New York
Chan's Buffet 2000, Fishkill, New York
Chan's Peking Kitchen I, Fishkill, New York
Charlie Brown's Steakhouse, Fishkill, New York
Chens Garden, Fishkill, New York
Chinese Buffet, Fishkill, New York
Cornerstone Restaurant, Fishkill, New York
Cracker Barrel Old Country Str, Fishkill, New York
Denny's, Fishkill, New York
Friendly's Restaurant, Fishkill, New York
Handshakes Bar & Grill, Fishkill, New York
Hudson's Ribs & Fish, Fishkill, New York
I-84 Diner, Fishkill, New York
Kfc, Fishkill, New York
Lou's Pizza Town, Fishkill, New York
Lynch's Tavern, Fishkill, New York
M's Coffee Shop, Fishkill, New York
Mayur Garden, Fishkill, New York
Mc Donald's, Fishkill, New York
Michael's Restaurant & Sports, Fishkill, New York
Monte Rosa Lodge, Fishkill, New York
North Street Grille, Fishkill, New York
Our Place, Fishkill, New York
Pizza Hut, Fishkill, New York
Seasons Restaurant Ii, Fishkill, New York
Stanley's Restaurant, Fishkill, New York
Taco Bell, Fishkill, New York
Tutti Quanti's Pizza House, Fishkill, New York
Wendy's, Fishkill, New York
Wing Sing Kitchen, Fishkill, New York

I think there's a Hilton Garden Inn that I used to stay at there, and as I recall there's a good number of places within a short walk of the hotel - might want to check that out if you'll be there for several weeks. Nothing great nearby, chain stuff like Ruby Tuesdays if I remember right.
It won't suck too bad, and if you're staying over weekends you can take some trips down into NYC for fun.

orfy said:
Google's your friend

http://www.pubcrawler.com/Template/dsp_restaurant_search_results.cfm/flat/State=NY/city=Fishkill

Antonella's Pizzeria & Rstrnt, Fishkill, New York
Bridle Ridge, Fishkill, New York
Burger King, Fishkill, New York
Chan's Buffet 2000, Fishkill, New York
Charlie Brown's Steakhouse, Fishkill, New York
Chens Garden, Fishkill, New York
Chinese Buffet, Fishkill, New York
Cornerstone Restaurant, Fishkill, New York
Cracker Barrel Old Country Str, Fishkill, New York
Friendly's Restaurant, Fishkill, New York
Handshakes Bar & Grill, Fishkill, New York
Hudson's Ribs & Fish, Fishkill, New York
I-84 Diner, Fishkill, New York
Kfc, Fishkill, New York
Lou's Pizza Town, Fishkill, New York
Lynch's Tavern, Fishkill, New York
M's Coffee Shop, Fishkill, New York
Mayur Garden, Fishkill, New York
Mc Donald's, Fishkill, New York
Michael's Restaurant & Sports, Fishkill, New York
Monte Rosa Lodge, Fishkill, New York
North Street Grille, Fishkill, New York
Our Place, Fishkill, New York
Pizza Hut, Fishkill, New York
Seasons Restaurant Ii, Fishkill, New York
Stanley's Restaurant, Fishkill, New York
Taco Bell, Fishkill, New York
Tutti Quanti's Pizza House, Fishkill, New York
Wendy's, Fishkill, New York
Wing Sing Kitchen, Fishkill, New York

LOL nice list....easy to find stuff on google :mug:

Evets said:
I dunno, kill fish?

Don't kill Fish!

abe.jpg

What ever you find out there be sure to put it on this website: beermapping.com there is nothing listed for that area.

Cheers

fretman124 said:
Guess I pissed somebody off so I'm getting sent to Fishkill for 6 weeks or so. Not sure if I'll have any time off to actually do anything, but just in case - what is there to do in (or around) Fishkill NY?

BTW, I'm in Oregon, so haven't been to NY too much

thanks for any suggestions

Well you are not too far from the Catskills, so you may want to go there. You are also fairly close to Connecticut. You may find something Down around New Haven or Stamford and some other coastal communities along the Long Island Sound.

Never been there but I found these on barfinder.com. I found that website when I was in AZ last winter.

Charlies Place
50 Elm Ct
Fishkill, NY 12524
Map It (845) 897-5828
Rating: N/A
Distance: 0.0 mi.

Chuck & Jerries Sports Bar & Grill
1060 Route 9
Fishkill, NY 12524
Map It (845) 298-8280

Handshakes Bar & Grill
161 Route 82
Fishkill, NY 12524
Map It (845) 896-1342

I used to live near there - Wappinger's Falls - not a whole heck of a lot to do there - sorry! Lots of stores up and down RT 9.

I've passed the Fishkill exit, but never stopped.
If you don't mind the drive (1 1/2 - 2 hours), check out Pittsfield Brew Works in Pittsfield, MA. The owners/brewers used to be brewers at Victory. I've been there several times and they have a good selection of brews and good food.

Plus you can poke around some of the small New England towns. If you've never been it is a good sight seeing opportunity...

Hey, yeah I lived in Fishkill for 2 years, not a ton to do there except go to Poughkeepsie. Couple good bars there. You are prolly staying in the cluster of hotels on rt 9 south of Walmart. The one thing about NY is the food is spectacular. Soo many small delis most are excellent. Antonellas makes an excellent penne a la vodka. You must get a plate at least for lunch. You won't regret it! Antonellas is in the Shoprite plaza on intersection of rts 9 and 52. And the German Deli is great for lunch and good ice cream.
The guilded otter in New Paltz makes some good beer and has pretty good food as well. They have a barley wine I think may still be on tap. The Keltic house is on rt 52 in Fishkill, small place but we went there a lot after work and whatnot.

Let me guess, you work in semiconductors?? ;)

Feel free to PM me for anything ya need.

I was just reading an article by Lew Bryson in an old copy of the Beer and Tavern Chronicle from 1995, and thought you might consider the Inn at Krumville. It's on my must visit list, but have yet to make it.
They have a website now, and a selection of over 500 bottles!

kinison_fan said:
I've passed the Fishkill exit, but never stopped.
If you don't mind the drive (1 1/2 - 2 hours), check out Pittsfield Brew Works in Pittsfield, MA. The owners/brewers used to be brewers at Victory. I've been there several times and they have a good selection of brews and good food.

Plus you can poke around some of the small New England towns. If you've never been it is a good sight seeing opportunity...

That's a bit of a drive, but yeah, they've got some good beers there. They always have something on cask - a sweet brown ale as of last weekend. Not a huge menu, but the food's pretty good, too. I'll be there for a new homebrew club that's forming on 10/12.

chillHayze said:
Hey, yeah I lived in Fishkill for 2 years, not a ton to do there except go to Poughkeepsie. Couple good bars there. You are prolly staying in the cluster of hotels on rt 9 south of Walmart. The one thing about NY is the food is spectacular. Soo many small delis most are excellent. Antonellas makes an excellent penne a la vodka. You must get a plate at least for lunch. You won't regret it! Antonellas is in the Shoprite plaza on intersection of rts 9 and 52. And the German Deli is great for lunch and good ice cream.
The guilded otter in New Paltz makes some good beer and has pretty good food as well. They have a barley wine I think may still be on tap. The Keltic house is on rt 52 in Fishkill, small place but we went there a lot after work and whatnot.

Let me guess, you work in semiconductors?? ;)

Feel free to PM me for anything ya need.

ya nailed it. I'll be in a hotel across the street from WallyWorld, and yes. Semiconductors is my downfall. I'll take your suggestions on the food and the bar. Thanks

if you're still there, head 30 miles south and visit the Captain Lawrence Brewery. They have free sample nights and you can purchase/refill growlers.
Just google the name, damn good beer IMHO.
Other than that there's nothing to do. Head south to NYC.

Oh I wish I'd seen this thread earlier! My step-dad's from Cuba, NY, and he could have given you some great Intel on places to go for fun in upstate NY.

fretman124 said:
thanks for the tip. If I get a day or two off in the next six weeks, i'll look it up. so far its been 14-16 hour days with no end in sight. I hate semiconductor tools...

Which vendor do you work for? I was with ASML.

chillHayze said:
Which vendor do you work for? I was with ASML.

AMAT. Currently on nights doing startups. Sleep all day and this place rolls up the sidewalks at 1130 at night. Looks like I get friday nights off. So 14-16 hours a day 6 days a week. Suuuuucks to be me.....

chillHayze said:
Startups in the 323 Annex fab?

yep. got three tools in there, soo far. The guys at this site are so totally unorganized its pathetic. Not their fault really as the customer is trying to run wafers on the tools before the startups complete, so getting things done in a organized manor is impossible. Lots of sitting on my butt with little flurries of work. th money is good tho.

fretman124 said:
yep. got three tools in there, soo far. The guys at this site are so totally unorganized its pathetic. Not their fault really as the customer is trying to run wafers on the tools before the startups complete, so getting things done in a organized manor is impossible. Lots of sitting on my butt with little flurries of work. th money is good tho.

Yeah big blue is going down the tube fast because of things like that. 30% yield at that fab, lol!

Back