Fisher Scientific Home Brewing Supplies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BTC

Reaction score
Ok so I have always wanted to get into home brewing.

Right now I work in a research lab that gets a huge discount from Fisher Scientific. I was wondering if anyone here has attempted to build a home brewing starter kit from scratch on their own. Ideally, someone here has ordered from Fisher and has the items numbers handy.

What kind of supplies are you looking at? Like their huge carboys/labware/thermometers? I know that Evan! was looking for one of their thermometers - not sure if he got his hands on it though...

Fisher supplies little that would be useful in home brewing and what they do supply would be much more expensive than what you would pay at a home brew supply or at your local hardware.

About all you need to start is a stainless stock pot for the boil, a 6 gallon plastic bucket and lid for the fermentor a 5 gallon bucket for bottling and a few miscellaneous items such as tubing to siphon, a bottle capper, a fermentation trap, a strainer and maybe a thermometer. Many of these things (5 gal bucket, tubing, stock pot, etc.) can be had locally. Brewing can be as basic or as complicated as you make it.

Tom

If you get into yeast culturing you could buy your lab glassware, stirplaters, stirbars, etc.

I just picked up a used Fisher stirplate for $16 shipped off eBay. Woo-hoo!

I agree with what everyone is saying. Fisher is great for labware, but for homebrewing, there isn't much you can't get elsewhere.

Back