Quantcast

First year Hops sprouts.

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

BadBeagleBrew

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has pics of first year hop sprouts. I got 5 chinook rhizomes in the ground, there are a bunch of little things growing up but they all look different can't tell if they are weeds or not. Worried that I may have already pulled out the sprouts thinking they are weeds. Just wondering if anyone had pics of the fresh first year sprouts, just so i can put my mind at ease, thanks in advance.

OP
B

BadBeagleBrew

Reaction score
That really sucks just got home from the lake all day and found something that looks identical to that lying on the ground. I hear hops are pretty hearty plants, are they also idiot proof?

OP
B

BadBeagleBrew

Reaction score
Thats what it was just went out and found it, now that i compare kinda looks like leaves from the maple tree lol, man i really hope those Hops are idiot proof. :drunk: Just gonna RDWHAHB now thanks for the help everyone.

kruegerBrew

Reaction score
Your sprouts will take 2-3 weeks to surface and will look like my pic. Those are not hops.

OP
B

BadBeagleBrew

Reaction score
Looks good thanks for the pics, just waiting and hoping they sprout soon its been just about 3 weeks.