First Time Kegging.....irritated...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgortel

Reaction score
Kegged for first time 2 days ago.....force carbed beer at 30 psi for 36 hours....vented keg and dropped back to 13 psi this morning

I bought a simple party tap for now....until I am ready to rig fridge up with real taps, etc....

Anyway....to check beer carbonation hooked up party tap with 5 ft hose (3/16" ID). As soon as I attached quick disconnect beer was coming out of tap even though I did not have handle pushed. I figured tap was defective at first...then realized maybe the pressure is too high for party tap....13 psi just forcing it open maybe....so I reduced pressure to 2 psi and it seemed to stop the flow......drew a glass of beer to test ....then beer kept coming out again.

So my question.....is party tap defective? Should it be able to close and seal against flow at 12-14 psi in keg?

Well ALL IS WELL.......

Turns out the top of the party tap was not screwed down tight so it wasn't seating and sealing even when nozzle was not pushed....so simply tightened it and all is good..... lol

I think I will go ahead and drink this first pour even though its 7:45AM.....party on! :D

Latest posts

Back