First time brewer needs direction...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loco Kano

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been kicking around the idea of brewing for a few weeks now and have decided to take the plung :D. I have bought a starters book today and have already read 1/3 of it. I am eager to start my first brew (studying to buy equipment). Now the biggest reason I want to start is because I have a deep love for the flavor of beer. I am interested in making brews with kind of a scunky Dutch flavor. For example Heineken is my favorite beer and has been for years. I just need to know what to study up on.. I know it's a lager but thats about it lol.

Any help would be appreciated...

Welcome...you're in for a treat. It's addictive, though...I've brewed 3 beers and a mead...none are ready to drink, and I want to brew more!!!

Welcome to brewing and to the forum! :)

Keep reading your book. Read this forum. As you make equipment choices, if you have specific questions, post here. There are lots of helpful folks here.

Basically, it seems like you're on the right track. As you continue your investigations, you'll have specific questions, and that's where this forum will come in handy. Have fun!

Latest posts

Back