First time bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crobrewer

Reaction score
Hi everyone , maybe its a stupid question but im really thinkin, when transfering beer from secondary to bottleing bucket , will the whirlpool REALLY mix the beer with sugar or should i mix it gently with something?

PS sorry for my crapy english!

if a full 5 gallon batch at normal carbonation volume, it's 3/4 cup corn sugar to 2 cups water, boil a couple minutes add to bottling bucket and then siphon the beer onto that

it mixes just fine that way

and your english is many gooder than mine

so, where are you from?

Thanks just tell me ,under "beer temp" do i type the actual temp( because it just came out of the fridge) or do i type in the temp that it fermente at??

Crobrewer said:
Thanks just tell me ,under "beer temp" do i type the actual temp( because it just came out of the fridge) or do i type in the temp that it fermente at??

Temperature of the beer currently.

You should be using about 1 cup of table sugar (sucrose) for a 5 gallon batch. Again, it's best to make a simple syrup of 2 cups boiling water to 1 cup sugar and then add that to your bottling bucket before racking your wort onto it. There's no harm in stirring it while it is still wort. In fact, extra oxygenation from stirring is encouraged at this stage to help the yeast do their job.

You should be using about 1 cup of table sugar (sucrose) for a 5 gallon batch. Again, it's best to make a simple syrup of 2 cups boiling water to 1 cup sugar and then add that to your bottling bucket before racking your wort onto it. There's no harm in stirring it while it is still wort. In fact, extra oxygenation from stirring is encouraged at this stage to help the yeast do their job.
Dude??? If you're priming it for carbonation,then it's no longer "wort",it's beer & oxygen will ruin it! Never stir beer roughly at this point,unless you enjoy wet cardboard.

im really confused about the temp issue. Do i type curent temp or fermentation because the diference is about 30grams

21C (71.6F) is a good temp for carbonating/conditioning. Sometimes I've gotten better carbonation by using the current temp. Sometimes ferment temp.

If it just finished fermenting --- wouldn't that also be the current temp?

Relax -----

ButchV12

Well,when most referr to current temp,it's been at FG for at least a week. The temp tells how much dissolved co2 there is,thus the program needing to know the ferment temp.

unionrdr said:
Well,when most referr to current temp,it's been at FG for at least a weekl. The temp tells how much dissolved co2 there is,thus the program needing to know the ferment temp.

No, the program is asking for the current temp. This is what is uses to determine how much CO2 is already in solution. If the beer has been cold crashed, it doesn't matter if it was fermented at 65 or 70.

No,it isn't. Tasty brew says "Upon completion of fermentation,a certain amount of co2 remains in the beer. This amount of "residual co2" depends upon the the temperature of the fermentation". It says this right under the heading BEER TEMPERATURE. So the temp driving how much or how little residual co2 is in the beer is what would be the most accurate.

Back