First time AG Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwdr4

Reaction score
I have purchase a WitBeer from Northern Brew. This will be my first AG brew and I dont want to scew it up. Any suggestion will be great. I have never done an all grain brew. Can someone give a step by step??? The instructions with the kit are not going to be helpful.

I dont have a mash tun, but I do have a keg which has been converted to a really nice big brew pot with a ball valve for draining. Should I make a false bottom for the keg cooker?

The new guy:ban:
Bill

Welcome to the dark side! :rockin:

My favorite resource for AG brewing is here: http://howtobrew.com/section3/chapter18.html

My set up actually looks very much like his diagram. You will need some sort of mash tun, whether you have a false bottom in your keg, or some other way to mash. The idea is to mix the water and grains at a set temperature for an hour or so, and then to drain the resulting liquid from the grains. So, you'll need some way to separate the grains and liquid. I do it in a big cooler, but many others do it in brewpots.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Back