First Strawberry Wit... Bottle time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLMCHENRY

Reaction score
Hey yall! I'm a noob posting for the first time. Been reading the forums for a while and everyone here has helped with my first 2 brews with all the good info on here. So first of thanks!!!

My second brew I believe is ready for bottle time but just want some feed back to make sure. I'm brewing Brewers Connection White Water Wit extract with specialty grains kit. http://brewersconnection.com/recipes/WhiteWaterWit.html I followed the instructions until I racked on to 4lbs of fresh chopped strawberries, frozen, thawed, then added to the secondary.

My og on brew day was 1.060 @ 75 degrees
The gravity 6 days later (secondary day) was 1.02 at 72 degrees
Today 8 days later my gravity is 1.013 @ 73 degrees (been the same for 2 days)
I was planning on bottling today or tomorrow but I wanted to see if you all thought the fg would be close to the right target area. I tried some of the calculators available but don't know enough about brewing yet to use the things.

My first brew (a whiskey barrel stout extract) finished at 1.02 while starting at 1.05, even though it finished higher then target i read this is normal for extract kits. So i bottled and didn't worry too much about it, and it tastes great!

Ok.... after all that.... My question.. Is it bottle time? And if your feeling saucy what is the alcohol % going to be ?

Now that the beer has been bottled for a couple of weeks my wife and I tried one and it was great! Perfect strawberry taste but not overpowering. The beer finishes a little dry.
I don't mind it but the wife prefers a sweeter beer.

Is there anything I can add at serving time that will help make it finish sweet, like a table spoon of sugar or simple syrup, that wont mess with the over all feel or taste of the beer?

What should I change on my next batch to help sweeten it up?

Back