First sample of first brew...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g-love

Reaction score
My nut brown ale has been in primary for almost 3 weeks and I just took my first sample..... WOW! It's definitely green, but it tastes like beer! I don't know what I was expecting, but I was afraid it would suck. For what it is at this point it tastes great, although it tastes a little thin. I stuck the rest of the sample in the fridge to see what it'll be like after it chills.

OG - 1.044
Todays reading - 1.012
Approx ABV - 4.5%

Really happy with it at this point! Just thought I'd share....

:mug: & Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks guys. The chilled sample was even better. Can't wait to taste it after it's bottled and carbed. Who knows, this might just end up in a keg. Kegconnection is totally tempting me with their Black Friday specials.....

I cracked the first bottle of my first batch today, 2 of them, and basically just had a sip as I shared with family members. It was fantastic. Just hearing that sound when the seal breaks on the cap made me smile and then the taste of my first beer...just awesome.

I remember how thrilled I was when I tasted that sample before bottling...just wait till you get that first one out of the fridge.

Back