First recipie... IIPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spikolas_WestMI

Reaction score
So I have usually always used recipes I have found or was given....

I am about 6 all grain brews in and want to say f it and make a bigger beer. So I wrote something up. Any suggestions?

15lbs Pale 2 Row
3lbs Munich 10l
1-2 lbs dextrose

1oz Warrior First Wor
1oz Warrior @ 60
2oz Centennial @ 30
1 oz Centennial @ 15
1oz Centennial @ 5
1 oz Citra @ 5 mim (Cause I love Citra)

Now I have never done a starter, and don't have a stir plate. So I need a big starter or could I double up WLP001 and be good to go?

This is a start for me. It does not have to be amazing. It needs to be a start to build from.

Thanks! :mug:

I recently brewed a similar recipe: pearl & Munich.

I'd cut the Munich to 2lbs and up the last hop addition. Everything else looks really solid assuming you're gonna dry hop heavily.

I used 2 packs of S-05 and mashed at 149. 1.076 - 1.010

I'd move the 30min centen addition and the citra addition to flameout and let them steep/whirlpool for 20 minutes. To adjust for the loss in IBU's from this, I'd move warrior from FWH to 60min until you get back to where you want to be. At least 3-4oz of dry hop.

Just my two cents. Sounds like it'll be tasty. Enjoy the brew.

Edit: Be sure to put some Citra in the dry hop as well. It's awesome.

So I am brewing this Friday evening. Have a question.
I made a stir plate and picked a flask, and 4oz of light DME

Will a 1L starter be good?
ow long does it need to sit on the stirplate before I piych it?

Thank ya!

Looks good! Be sure to mash low and pitch lots of yeast. I usually double-pitch (2 tubes) and use a starter for beers this big. Might also consider some carapils for foam stability.

There we go:
DSCN0418_zps2848ac06.jpg

Back