First Recipe with PALE ALE MALT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomeDrewBrew

Reaction score
Hey All!
So after trying a couple craft ale's that were more malt forward than others ive had and really tasty,ive aquired a need to try to brew one.
(Example)
Old Tomorrow Canadian Pale Ale
Stonehammer Pale Ale.

Now ive been only using 2row in my beers and thought "heck why not get some Pale Ale Malt",As my beers have been lacking in the maltness i have been looking for.
So i ordered 10lbs of the Weyermanns Pale Ale Malt to try in my upcoming Pre Prohibition Cream Ale.

Now the problem lies to get that much maltyness in my beer do i use all Pale ale malt?,do i split 50% 2 Row, 50% Pale Ale malt?.
Anyone have a Malty recipe they would b kind enough to share to this lacking malt forward new brewer?!.

Thanks

Hey All!
So after trying a couple craft ale's that were more malt forward than others ive had and really tasty,ive aquired a need to try to brew one.
(Example)
Old Tomorrow Canadian Pale Ale
Stonehammer Pale Ale.

Now ive been only using 2row in my beers and thought "heck why not get some Pale Ale Malt",As my beers have been lacking in the maltness i have been looking for.
So i ordered 10lbs of the Weyermanns Pale Ale Malt to try in my upcoming Pre Prohibition Cream Ale.

Now the problem lies to get that much maltyness in my beer do i use all Pale ale malt?,do i split 50% 2 Row, 50% Pale Ale malt?.
Anyone have a Malty recipe they would b kind enough to share to this lacking malt forward new brewer?!.

Thanks

Use 100% pale ale malt. the extra breadiness is pretty subtle, especially if you're only using 10 pounds.

Use all pale ale malt, or add a little Munich or aromatic malt to make it more malty.

I made a cream ale using US pale ale malt, corn flakes, and Cluster hops. The hydrometer sample tasted great, but unfortunately that was the carboy that I dropped down the stairs
cry.gif

Im sorry for the loss Zbob!

Ok,maybe ill have to make it a 5Gal batch size then and have to get on the train and buy a full sack of it!.

Thanks to the both of you for replys and recipe does look tasty.

Back