First Post-First Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnettbill

Reaction score
Greeting, this is my first post. I got a Mr. Beer for my birthday last month and it didn't turn out half bad. So I got a deluxe kit from Northern Brewers and a Bavarian Hef kit from Austin Brewers. I pitched it 13 days ago and racked it to a secondary 2 days ago. The OG was 1.063 (I got a 1% boost from AB) The SG is now 1.014 (AB recomended 1.02 for FG). I plan on letting it sit in the secondary for another week before I bottle it. When I took the reading tonight the wife asked if it was ok to try a sip (I nearly fell over, she won't drink anything exept Bud Light in a bottle) I was surprised that she liked it considering that it was right out of the carboy. I loved the taste as well. I can't wait to open a carbed bottle when it is ready. I love this new hobbie
:mug:

It's nice to hear when a new brewer has success. May I recommend you read HBT and you'll get even better!

B

Welcome! Read this forum consistently and ask questions - Cheers!

Yeah,always good to hear that a 1st brew is a success! Now be patient & wait till it's ready. Welcome to the OCD site...;)

Latest posts

Back