First post and Keezer build!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spidiracer

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have gotten so much good information from all of you that I decided it was time to join! I have currently started my first Keezer build!

I purchased a 7.2 cu ft Frigidaire Chest Freezer for around $250. I shopped at several online stores to get all the other stuff I need. One of my primary goals in building this is to make sure that its portable. I am trying to keep things light so that two people can easily move it. More on that later.

I decided to building everything out of Alder because I really enjoy all of the character. Its very soft wood so that also helps make it easy to work with.

Here is a pic of most of the stuff all laid out:

319054_832565525141_162224346_n.jpg

I'm using Perlick 525SS faucets with 4" SS shafts. I also purchase a love controller, the TS2. Ordered new tubing, clamps, all that jazz. Here is where I am at now:

432364_537049392990046_759601136_n.jpg

I'm waiting to pick up a custom cut piece of alder for the top, I will get that tomorrow. My plan is to replace the lid with a custom top and coffin. I'm confident about putting everything together but I am unsure on how to wire the TS2. I have been looking at some of the threads in the forum here, hopefully i can get that figured out. I should have all this done by next Friday!

Stay tuned and thanks for all of your help so far!

Electrical all hooked up, the lid is insulated and ready. I need to add some insulation to the coffin and do some plumbing. After that I just need to treat the wood and its done!

44962_538457209515931_678834956_n.jpg

I'm really happy with how this has turned out. Can't wait to see how it looks with a finish on it.

Back