First perfect AG brew day was kind of.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petep1980

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
dull. I actually feel a little empty inside. Usually when I AG brew I'm left with the thinking "I need to spend $50 on [insert item here] and then everything will be simple".

For a high gravity 5.5-gallon porter I mashed in a 10-gallon mash tun, I had a zero degree temp drop, I hit all my target temps; 158°F mash (full body), 172°F at sparge 1, and well 168 at sparge 2. Not sure why this one was off.

I boiled in a 15.5 gallon keggle, and I was able to cool to pitching temps in about 15-20 minutes. I hit 76% efficiency and the wort is bubbling away nicely. Of yeah, and I was able to leave the boil unattended outside.

The only issue I had was how long it took to come to a boil, but I can only blame that on the 35°F ambient temps.

I have nothing to buy (other than a bigger ladle), and nothing to re-engineer or design.

Nothing left to buy? Dude, that's blasphemy!!!!!! You'll think of something....!!!!:) It's a shame when everything goes right....cause you just know something had to of gone wrong.

Latest posts

Back