First medal! Woot!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stageseven

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago just on a whim I decided to give a competition another shot. So far the only comp I had entered was the AHA National Homebrewers Competition, and didn't do well because of being top far out of style. After looking around online I found out the deadline for the St. Louis Happy Holidays Homebrew competition was the end of the week, so I figured I'd just go for it. I entered the same beer I put in the NHC event, and decided to throw in a stout I just did as my first AG batch because I thought it had turned out pretty well.

Well the results were posted this morning, and although my Imperial Brown didn't place at all, my stout took 1st in the category! I'm pretty excited about it to get some validation that my beers actually are as good as I thought. This was also the most entered category in the competition with 38 entries in the category. I can't wait to get the scoresheets back to see what all they said about the 2 beers.

That's funny, I had the same experience with the NHC...they said my beer was great but when a Bavarian hefe gets entered as a DIPA and vice versa you get really low scores with the really nice comments for some reason.

Oh well, always nice to win those medals though when you do label 'em right. Good job Stage7.

Back