First Mead!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary G

Reaction score
New member here!

This was my first mead! It came out spectacular. I used organic honey, dates, black tea, tangerine peels, and yeast.

Attachments

• 92C6D9A7-169F-4C4D-B5D5-976A150772C5.jpeg
    92C6D9A7-169F-4C4D-B5D5-976A150772C5.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
How do you get "organic honey"? It's not like people can do much to the bees for producing it. Unless they're referring to the items the bees are gathering from being 'organically grown'.

I use local/regional wildflower honey for my meads. Or have to date. Some batches I'll add flavor elements to. I recently bottled four batches that were started from 2011 to 2014. Three of those sat with oak cubes for about 13-14 months before being bottled. I'm planning to start another batch of mead soon. Once I get a fermenter that I can dedicate to it that is. Target will be 10-11% ABV, so lighter than my past batches (those range form 14-25%).

How do you get "organic honey"? It's not like people can do much to the bees for producing it. Unless they're referring to the items the bees are gathering from being 'organically grown'.

I use local/regional wildflower honey for my meads. Or have to date. Some batches I'll add flavor elements to. I recently bottled four batches that were started from 2011 to 2014. Three of those sat with oak cubes for about 13-14 months before being bottled. I'm planning to start another batch of mead soon. Once I get a fermenter that I can dedicate to it that is. Target will be 10-11% ABV, so lighter than my past batches (those range form 14-25%).
Most likely the environment the bees are living in is not treated with anything.

Latest posts

Back