First mead experiment in a while!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kdog22

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Been a long time since i've posted here. Been brewing alot of beer lately and have done very little wine, mead or cider. Switched gears this past weekend and put together a few new mead batches i've not yet done before. Figured i'd share with my favorite homebrew site :mug:

Gallon Batch #1

Traditional mead with ~3.5# orange blossom honey, water and yeast (EC-1116). Simple, nothing fancy and that's exactly how i wanted to do it. Never done a traditional before. Always made melomels so this should be a delicious change.

Gallon Batch #2

Dark Cherry Melomel with 2# clover honey, 1 pound orange blossom and 2# frozen and thawed dark cherries. Also used EC-1116. Will add another 2# of cherries after racking into the secondary. Expected result = delicious.

I always forget how nice it is to walk into my brew room and hear multiple airlocks bubbling away. That's all i've got for now. Happy brewing everyone :rockin:

-Kdog

Back