first label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carnevoodoo

Reaction score
I am so happy it came out pretty well. I printed onto ivory parchment and then rubber cemented them on. I am still looking for nice looking sticker labels...

Here it is though! This is the Maggie's Farm(house) Ale and the one you can barely see is the dubbel indemnity... I wish I was a better photographer. :)

starsbottle.jpg

shafferpilot said:
I love the parchment!! Way better than bright white labels.

I looked and looked for some off white paper and I eventually found that. It wasn't as cheap as I had hoped, but I figured that it would look good and I was having fun with it. And we all know that brewing as a money saving venture is sort of silly these days. :)

carnevoodoo said:
...and then rubber cemented them on.

That seems like overkill. I use similar paper for wine and just use a glue stick. The labels stay fine and come off fairly easily.

Like tle look - very nice

rdwj said:
That seems like overkill. I use similar paper for wine and just use a glue stick. The labels stay fine and come off fairly easily.

Like tle look - very nice

I'm sure it was overkill. Glue stick seems much easier so I'll have to give it a whirl.

I got the parchment I use at Wally World pretty cheap. +1 on the glue stick recommendation.

Almost forgot, Nice label. It's simple and classy.

I have seen some really cool labels out there and am wondering if there is a way to sanitize the bottles without ruining the custom labels or is trashing the labels during cleaning and sanitizing just part of "doing business"?

Latest posts

Back