first keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopsalot

Reaction score
Got a 5 gal Corny, no idea on how to get started. I dont have much money to spend so my first kegging I want to be cheap.

Detail.bok

I was thinking a bout a portable CO2 system. Is this a good option. Cant I just bottle condition but in a keg

hopsalot said:
Got a 5 gal Corny, no idea on how to get started. I dont have much money to spend so my first kegging I want to be cheap.

Detail.bok

I was thinking a bout a portable CO2 system. Is this a good option. Cant I just bottle condition but in a keg

The charger is a nice little device to have. Comes in handy when you transport your brew or if you run out of CO2, but isn't very practical in the long-term as system to carb or push our beer.

You can prime like normal and use it to push your beer until you come up with the cash to buy a tank and regulator set-up.

You'll use 4-5 of those CO2 bulbs to dispense one keg.

start saving for a regulator and 5lb cylinder.

Yeah, just keep an eye on craiglist and sign up for freecycle in your area. You'll slowly build up the equipment you need, and if you are patient, you can do it pretty cheaply. The portable charger thing will just eat up the cash you should be saving for what you really want/need.

Craigslist and freecycle are good ideas but in our area it SUCKS! I watch both like a hawk and besides the occasional fridge/freezer there is nearly nothing brewing related EVER!

Keep an eye on the San Antonio Craigslist...you'll probubly have better luck there. Or if you can make the drive there is almost always stuff on the Austin and Houston Craigslist...

Have fun, wish I could keg :mad:

Back