First keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celging

Reaction score
So after a lot of planning and research on this forum I’ve completed my first keezer. Thanks for all of the help and ideas that I’ve seen in other posts. Only one tap flowing now but I’ll get it filled shortly.
IMG_0558.JPG

IMG_0556.JPG

IMG_0557.JPG

IMG_0585.JPG

Thanks for the comments. I was really happy with my drip tray idea. It matches some shelf brackets that I have on the wall behind the keezer. I also never took a pic after insulating. There is foam on the collar now.
IMG_0587.JPG

F872753E-F804-442B-8511-0BD40F139357.jpeg
B1A3CEB1-61B1-4A86-B57F-6682668ABAC7.jpeg
Just finished mine too, definitely not as perdy. My drip tray is actually a magnetic tool shelf. Being able to fit four kegs with the extra keg on the hump is very nice.

@celging can you please provide the make/model or link to the recirculating fan you are using? there are a bazillion online, but if yours works well - I'll take it. Thanks! Great looking keezer BTW

Also - it looks like you are keeping these kegs off the floor with a wire rack? Does this help with air circulation and reduce condensation on floor? Thanks Again.

It looks to be an AC Infinity fan. I've used a couple of their products and have been pleased with the quality of them. I put this one in my keezer.

It looks to be an AC Infinity fan. I've used a couple of their products and have been pleased with the quality of them. I put this one in my keezer.
Thanks @LittleRiver ! i tried zooming in on picture but it blurred lol. Next question - is there an "optimal" orientation and/or placement for these fans? Both in this thread are up high and oriented down. Or does it really matter since the air is moving. I have a 10cf chest freezer and have all components to convert to keezer but trying to plan-proof the build (but I know things always change) lol.

There's so many different sizes of keezers and so many variations in internal layout that I would say there is no one optimal placement. I experimented with a few different locations and got the best results by having the fan about 1" off the floor of the freezer, blowing upward.

I used a thermometer with a remote probe to measure the temperature at several different locations. My beer lines are routed around the inside of my collar, to keep them out of the way. I found that having the fan blowing upward gave me the best cooling for the beer lines. I also positioned the fan so it is directly below my shanks, to keep them as cool as possible.

IMG_20190606_172931_508.jpg

It is an AC infinity axial 1225 from amazon. It’s only been in for a few weeks but working fine so far. It definitely moves air inside the keezer. I assume the rack will help with both. I saw it recommended on another thread and had some old wire shelves around that I modified. I feel like it was worth the effort.

There's so many different sizes of keezers and so many variations in internal layout that I would say there is no one optimal placement. I experimented with a few different locations and got the best results by having the fan about 1" off the floor of the freezer, blowing upward.

I used a thermometer with a remote probe to measure the temperature at several different locations. My beer lines are routed around the inside of my collar, to keep them out of the way. I found that having the fan blowing upward gave me the best cooling for the beer lines. I also positioned the fan so it is directly below my shanks, to keep them as cool as possible.

View attachment 636897

Very clean setup.

Celging that is a cool looking keezer!! Like others the drip tray idea is really outstanding.
may i ask what size pipe and flanges did you use?

Glad you like it, I’ve been very happy with it, definitely a sturdy way to mount a drip tray. It is all 3/4” black iron pipe and flanges from the plumbing section in the hardware store. After assembly I did paint it all gloss black to make look better.

Awesome use of colour! I used weather stripping around mine and found the seal to be sufficient. I don't use a fan, but I do get condensation at the bottom. I just mop it up after a while.

Back