First homebrew party.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostsr20

Reaction score
Started brewing in January and got carried away with how many batches I made. Really, I just wanted to try my hand at a bunch of styles to figure out what I really like. So I more or less had way more beer than I could drink. With about 15 people we went through 4 cases of 12oz bottles and 2 1/6th barrels. Median ABV was probably around 7% so needless to say, we had a lot of drunk people. Luckily we had enough room for people without DD's.

Now that I'm down to 4 cases left, I can start making more again. I think I will tend to stick to IPA's, Stouts, and Porters. Those are my favorites, and its what everyone else liked the most. It was a good feeling to have my beer liked by peers, some even asked if I would make them some if they payed for it.:mug:

Don't let them pay you for the beer, just let them pay you for the ingredients you don't wanna get into trouble.:D

Congrats on your success!:mug:

I'm bummed I wasn't invited! Sounds like it was fun! Ohwell, next one;) Me and 2 home brewing friends are planning on having an Oktoberfest party in September. No BMC allowed, just German style homebrews and German foods!

ya i figure if i really enjoy brewin, if people wanna pay for like 90% of the cost to brew their batch, i'll keep some of it to try and decide if i wanna get my own group.

good idea for oktoberfest

I'm bummed I wasn't invited! Sounds like it was fun! Ohwell, next one;) Me and 2 home brewing friends are planning on having an Oktoberfest party in September. No BMC allowed, just German style homebrews and German foods!

Maybe I should post up next time I do it. I'm in Muskegon btw. I took an inventory tonight and I still have 6 cases of 7 different beers left. Also have an Apricot IPA and Russian imperial Stout in Secondaries. LOL Maybe I need to do another one.

Back