First homebrew drunk ever

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ó Flannagáin

Reaction score
I've been buzzed pretty hard on homebrew before, but I took two kegs to a halloween party last night and got lit. I mean, I was stupid drunk. Was definintely a new experience. Probably won't get drunk again until new years, but sure was cool to get drunk on my own brew. Pumpkintastrophe II was a hit :ban: .

Congratulations! I don't think I've been falling down drunk yet from homebrew, but have been pretty buzzed from it. My experience has been that it causes some amazing gas problems. The upside, though, is that it doesn't seem to cause hangovers. I agree, though, that it's kinda cool to get buzzed on stuff you made yourself. (Now, if I could only grow some of that "other stuff" myself, life would be real good)!

I hear towns in Canada are cool like that. I think it's Vancouver or Montreal. Kinda like don't ask, don't tell. Better just do a trip. Felonies suck.

Can't say I've been falling-down drunk off HB, but I had some old HB left over from February '06 that I tried a few weeks ago. I downed a 22oz swingtop of it and was reminded of how strong it turned out. It came out to something like 8.25%. It only took one 22 ouncer to remind me of that. :cross:

Oakwoodforge said:
Don't do It man a Class II Felony in Horticulture is no joke! Don't even ask how I know

I'm pretty sure it's legal to grow your own in your house in Alaska. Now there's nothing stopping the Fed's from F***ing with you, but it's pretty unlikely if you have 1 or 2 plants.... this is just what I hear. Only reason I wish the South had won: state's rights.

I've gotten good and buzzed from my beer many times. I couldn't even tell you the last time that I was fall down drunk though... it was probably 4 or 5 years ago - well before I ever got into homebrewing.

Man you guys are making me feel like an alcoholic.....................no to mention the herb thing................

I'm not sure if I've ever gotten fall-down drunk on just homebrew, and homebrew alone. I usually mix something else in there at some point...wine, booze, etc. I got me a nasty hangover from finishing the night with a bottle of Mephistopheles.

I must be getting old.
I get a good beer buzz...then I get sleepy.
Never been drunk on my HB-I fall asleep too soon.

I've been pretty buzzed, but I find it hard to get fall-down drunk on beer alone. That being said, I don't really like being fall-down drunk. I'm more into the "happy and a little too loud" zone.

rdwj said:
I've been pretty buzzed, but I find it hard to get fall-down drunk on beer alone. That being said, I don't really like being fall-down drunk. I'm more into the "happy and a little too loud" zone.

You and me both. It was just one of those nights. I didn't really want to be at that party, my wife was dressed in this little skimpy german frau outfit and I was really getting tired of everyone staring at her ass. So, I bummed a few cigarettes and drank ... and drank ... and drank. Anyway, was stunned that I actually got piss drunk on homebrew. Didn't think I could make it past the "happy and a little too loud" stage on HB alone, either.

craiger_ny said:
...Man you guys are making me feel like an alcoholic...
Same here.

I pound homebrew all night long…every night. Never seem to lose composure though.

Course I brew at the 4-4.5% range (for just that reason).

When I start thinking of how much beer I drink, I try and balance that with the fact that I no longer drink scotch, vodka, wine or “The Captain”. Haven’t had a hard liquor drink or wine in a year.

Yeah, I feel like an alcoholic and a light-weight. :)

I rarely get falling down drunk from homebrew. Actually, I rarely get falling down drunk, because my headaches are killer. I do get borderline drunk on my homebrew on a regular basis, and 6 - 7 pints in a night is usually enough to do it.

Latest posts

Back