First go with new induction setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillieBananas

Reaction score
Been working on this over the winter. First go is a Simcoe SMaSH. Cross your fingers

Attachments

• IMG_4146.jpg
    IMG_4146.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 240
Nice! Good luck. I am about 90% done my 2 vessel RIMS system, cant wait to try it out!

Brew day went fairly smooth. New cooler mash tun sprung a leak, not too bad though. Volumes in beersmith weren't correctly set for to "build", so I came up a little short. All in all took about 5 hours start to finish. Pretty much the same as before I moved to the basement. The benefit was that I no longer have to lug everything up and down stairs. So I'm pretty happy.
I am utilizing two Max Burton burners. The top tier is the smaller 1800w one. Took 35-40 minutes to bring my strike water to temp. After mashing I used the 3000w burner(craigslist for $85. What a steal). Was at a nice boil within 30 minutes. Not to shabby. I think eventually I will be able to dial it to about 4 hours.

Nice job. I am piecing together an induction system now.

Back