First GF batch for a friend's wedding!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erroneous

Reaction score
So a friend of mine is getting married and I offered (of course) to brew 10 gallons of beer for him. I'm thinking about doing 5 gallons using a classic barley recipe and 5 gallons GF since his fiance found out she may be gluten intolerant. The wedding is in just under 8 months in mid October and I was kind of thinking about doing the same beer only half GF. Whatever it is should be a bit of a crowd pleaser. I might keg it or bottle it, depending on the wishes of my friend.

I was kind of thinking about going the Tripel route since a lot of the character in belgian beers come from yeast and sometimes sugars and spices. If you have a better recommendation for a crowd pleaser that would be good GF or as regular beer please make a suggestion. If you have a recommended GF Tripel recipe that you think can be replicated with barley, please let me know.

Back