First ever brew... Why is fermintation going slow?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdjtexas

Reaction score
Soo I brewed my first homebrew last night.. Chilled wort to aprox 74f added to my primary then pitched my yeast... A wyeast smack pack. It set out for over 4 hrs and looked to be ready to pitch so I did. It's been 18 hrs or so and very few bubbles have emmited. I swished the fermenter around and that seemed to get things going a bit. But it just seems slow have not broke the seal and seams like its nice and tight. Any thoughts? It's a British pale ale style nb brand

Relax! Read the sticky thread above - 24-72 hours is typical. And on top of it a lack of bubbles doesn't mean a lot. Ignore it until tomorrow and look then.

Sent from my iPad using HB Talk

Just read it haha. I'll chill. Og was actually one of 2 mistakes. I took it from the wort which I only used 2.5 gallons. I did not take it from the full 5 gal brew. So to answer. Og was 1.112. Wayyy to high and I shoulda thought more about that when I saw that reading. 2nd mistake... Not starting my yeast earlier

swishing it seemed to get it going because you created pressure that pushed out the airlock. Just let it be and go look at it in a few days

Back