First Electric Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ymmot04

Reaction score
Hey all! I'm just getting started, actually haven't done a brew on my own yet, but excited to do the inaugural brew on my first setup. After watching a friend I had a good idea of improvements I wanted to make when I did my build. Here are some pictures of where I'm at so far. It's a 7.5 gallon electric brew station. Almost done, just waiting to pick up a SS cooking table and for my in line fan to arrive to complete the ventilation.

UPS delivery day:
attachment.php

Planning and building Ventilation:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks like I need a stronger dremel tip...
attachment.php

attachment.php

My DIY vent hood, made from a 30quart mixing bowl and some 6" ducting:
attachment.php

attachment.php

You can see my pot filler/water filtration hanging off the pot. It's got a 5 micron carbon filter to pull any chlorine, sediment, or "other bad stuff".
attachment.php

I can't take credit for the mixing bowl vent hood idea, I saw that one while researching. I did make it my own though with a counter weight and pully system so I can raise it up out of the way to stir and then drop it right on top of the kettle if I want to. My fan is 350cfm so we will see how close I need to get for proper ventilation. I also invented the 6" dryer vent through some plywood which will replace the small window. I'm sure it has been done before, but I dreamed that up while searching through home depot.

20161024_000309.jpg

20161023_183837.jpg

20161023_185013.jpg

20161023_185748.jpg

20161023_233720_001.jpg

20161021_234532.jpg

20161021_234546.jpg

20161021_142913.jpg

Looks like your off the races! What brand and power is that induction plate? Here's my Ventilation system: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=589508 The baffle really makes a huge reduction in noise, and the insulation is icing on the cake, really.

Edit: Sweet kettle btw. I like their simplicity and rugged construction! And, everything is there, right out of the box!

I've got an Avantco IC3500, which is a 3500W unit.

I went with a vortex blower as well, but a couple steps down = P My 600 series should be delivered tomorrow. At 347 CFM I was thinking it would be overkill. Planning to splice it into the ducting just above the slop sink so I can run a condensate off of it if necessary. It will be in the cook area so I'm hoping it is reasonably quiet, otherwise I guess I'll just have to turn the music up?

No sir, I did not. I guess the main concern would be back drafting the water heater or furnace exhaust? If needed I could temporarily crack the window in the bath room next door which is in it's own window well, so it should be separated enough from the exhaust. It shares a wall with the "cook room" and the air would pass easily through the ceiling joists. For a permanent fix I would likely look into a pressure based damper system.

Finally finished setting everything up. I took a couple steps backwards after I realized I was going crazy looking at the nasty walls. I had to clear the place out to do some drywall patching, gave the place a new paint job, and put in some trim. Here it is, all finished up.

attachment.php

20161028_004934.jpg

Back