First Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erik_Mog

Reaction score
I am going to be entering one, and possibly two of my Beers in the Carolina Quarterly Brew Off sponsored by Raleigh Brewing and Atlantic Brew Supply. Lap Dog Czech Pale Lager will be a definite entry, and I may possibly enter Leia's Kiss IPA as well. I'm not expecting to win, or even place for these beers, but the feedback from BJCP certified judges will be worth the entry fee. The results of the competition will be announced October 23.

Good luck man - I entered last quarter and the feedback I got was pretty nice - didn't expect greatness from mine but the feedback was totally worth my 7 buck entry.

The Czech category is a good one to medal in it tends to be lightly entered so even a average beer can medal.

The insight gleaned from competitions really can be helpful. Sometimes unfortunately you get a judge who is just there to drink or who's grasp of the style is based solely on looking back and forth at the guidelines.

The Czech category is a good one to medal in it tends to be lightly entered so even a average beer can medal.

This competition is relatively small, they usually group "similar" category's together in 4 or so different tables.

Back