First cider stopped fermenting

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

sttevil2013

Reaction score
Question, actually a couple, iam making my first cider, i used 3 gallons on 365, 1 container concentrate organic, WLP765 yeast. It has been 6 days and dead stopped bubbling. Should i rack it over and add sugar for secondary? I didnt get the OG. Does anyone know the OG of the 365 juice?

OP
S

sttevil2013

Reaction score
Cancel that, was just in its room and it started up again. Just real slow i guess. Suppose ill give it another week.

BenjiEDF

Reaction score
I tested the OG of some 365 just the other day and it was right at 1.050 with about 6% potential alcohol.

As for the racking after 6 days... I'd wait. Let us know how it goes, I have a batch of 365 going myself. Champagne yeast, no extra sugar, and a little peptic enzyme. Next batch I'm going to try some ale yeast.

UpstateMike

Reaction score
Finished can be a relative term. What is the current gravity? If it is where you want it, then it is done.

OP
S

sttevil2013

Reaction score
Yep just checked it, its at 1.010, racked it over, is very dry, light crisp taste with a bit of fizz. In my opinion it is done, was looking for a low alc content this looks good. It is not clear but thats ok.

UpstateMike

Reaction score
Yep just checked it, its at 1.010, racked it over, is very dry, light crisp taste with a bit of fizz. In my opinion it is done, was looking for a low alc content this looks good. It is not clear but thats ok.
About a 5.3% ABV.