First Bulk Buy today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smellysell

Reaction score
I've been talking to the brewer at one of the local breweries here and today I'm heading in to get 50# of MT grown organic 2-row. The best part is it's only $.65 a pound!

Now I just have to figure out what I'm gonna do about a mill...

back from the dead!

hey, boodlemania, did you ever get with Depot Street about doing a grain buy? I would be very interested in that myself...

Nope. Never did. I've been buying my bulk grain from Rebel Brewer.

Nice to see another East Tennessee guy here. Welcome to the club.

BTW, I know the correct way to pronounce "Baileyton".

Thanks for introducing me that Rebel Brewer site. They have some great prices on grain. The next time I'm up at Depot Street, I will ask Mike or whoever is there what they might could do about selling a bag of 2-row or something.

Ha. I moved to Greeneville about 3 years ago, and it took me a solid year to figure out what people were saying WHENEVER they talked, but 2 years to figure out the Baileyton. Love it here though...if only we could get a homebrew shop!!!

Closest homebrew shop is in Knoxville (Fermentation Station). They're great folks.
I'm sure there are a couple shops in Asheville, NC too but I've not been to them.

Maybe someone else can chime in about the Asheville scene.

If you guys are willing to make the trip to middle Tn we do a group grain and hop buys. More of the grain than hops.

yeah, i've seen that. but nashville is a LONG drive for some grain. sort of negates the savings.

there is a club in knoxville that you can join and get in on the group buys.

I've heard that Highland Brewing in Asheville NC sells bulk grain (I can't see your location on my iPad)

Back