First Brew...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mullimat

Reaction score
Well, i just finished my first brew today. Went Well. Started out by just dumping everything (hops, grains, priming sugar, and extract) in the pot and boiled for 60 minutes. After that i transferred to the bucket, bottled from there and now everything's sitting and i can't wait to try it in 3 weeks!

mullimat said:
Uh oh. Was i not supposed to do that?

Um...I hate to be the one to say it, but no. It's your first go though, so don't be bummed (I know, easier said than done). Don't dump it either. Hold on to it and see what happens.

Lol. Just kidding guys. I didn't really do all that. Followed the instructions in the How to Brew book by John Palmer (came with my kit). And it seems like everything turned out great. I aerated it for about 15 minutes after pitching the yeast and it's now sitting nicely, fermenting. Initial SG is 1.050. So we'll see how it turns out. Lol and no i did not put the priming sugar in the boil! lol

Was even lucky enough to have some DFH 120 min. IPA while brewing! The place i normally get my specialty beer from just got a bunch in!

mullimat said:
Lol. Just kidding guys. I didn't really do all that. Followed the instructions in the How to Brew book by John Palmer (came with my kit). And it seems like everything turned out great. I aerated it for about 15 minutes after pitching the yeast and it's now sitting nicely, fermenting. Initial SG is 1.050. So we'll see how it turns out. Lol and no i did not put the priming sugar in the boil! lol

LOL, thanks for the laugh.

Back