First Brew - Minor Problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barley_Bob

Reaction score
Hey, team. I'm working way through my first brew and everything is going just fine so far. I did a partial mash using Deathbrewer's instructions, and I passed an iodine test. So, I feel pretty good. A couple of small hiccups. No bigs. My wort is working its way to a boil right now, and I've discovered that my bung is missing. I'm looking all over, and maybe it will turn up. If it doesn't, I can pick one up tonight, but my wort will be in the carboy before then. So, how should I seal it until I get an new bung? I was thinking a sterile piece of foil. Any thoughts?

You could probably pitch the yeast and throw the sterile foil on there; should be fine for a few hours.

Thanks for the help, guys. I picked up a new bung last night, and, today, the wort is fermenting nicely. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out in a few weeks.

Back