First brew is finally carbed! ..I think :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctufano

Reaction score
Just cracked open one of my first brews, 2nd I've had. It. was. awesome!

Talk about gratifying!

Bottled 3 weeks ago tomorrow. I am kind of a light weight... I used to weight 345, now 255, and I havent really drank in several years. Now, one beer and I have a nice buzz! According to my gravities, this should only be around 4.3% alcohol, but I'm kinda thinkin I read the OG wrong :)

Heres a few pics! Wish had a bigger head and was clearer, but whatever! Not as dark as first picture, had to bounce my flash in 2nd picture

What do ya'll think? Screw it, tastes good, gave me a buzz! I like it! :mug:

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

Looks great!

Please don't drink cold beer from a frozen pint glass. You will not be able to taste just how good your beer can be. I used to drink ice cold homebrew in a frozen mug, then I slowly moved to 41 degree kegerator and room temp glass. It makes a huge difference

BMC drinkers drink from frozen mugs so they don;t have to taste just how bad the yellow water is.

For the head, pour straight down the middle of the glass slowly. Release those aromatics.

Keep it cold and it will probably clear up some. If you ever make it down this way let me know and I will happily share a few of mine with you.

Not down the side? Man, I have no clue what I'm doin pourin beers haha

I will try that next time. I try to pour at an angle first and then straighten up at end to build head

I'll take ya up on that mullenite. I'm flying down to West Palm on the 1st for a job interview, and if I take it I'll be passing through from Atlanta

A lot of people recommend the side of the glass but seriously I have noticed a HUGE increase in aroma when I started to pour more slowly right down the middle. I typically get a minimum of two fingers of head, sometimes more.

Being the fact this is your first brew post.... I am curious... tell us about the beer!! What kind is it? How long did it sit for? How do you like it? Are you pleasantly surprised as I was with your first brew? Or was it just "pretty good"? or "not bad"???
My first brew.... everything went wrong, and it turned out delicuous.... I have been saving 1 brew from every batch I have made... once I get to a 12 pack I will have a get together with my brew buddies and share....

Being the fact this is your first brew post.... I am curious... tell us about the beer!! What kind is it? How long did it sit for? How do you like it? Are you pleasantly surprised as I was with your first brew? Or was it just "pretty good"? or "not bad"???
My first brew.... everything went wrong, and it turned out delicuous.... I have been saving 1 brew from every batch I have made... once I get to a 12 pack I will have a get together with my brew buddies and share....

This was the Cheesefood Caramel Cream Vanilla ale found here.

It was brewed on the 12th of May, bottled on June 9th and tried yesterday, so almost 4 weeks in primary and 3 weeks in bottles.

Am I pleasently surprised? Yes and no. I chose a beer that had INCREDIBLE reviews so that once I tasted it, I wouldnt be like "ugh, this tastes like bud *barf*" That being said, I am pretty excited I got it to come out tasting really good!

I'm having a crawfish boil on Saturday and busting out maybe a dozen to let people try and get feedback. Am going to my dads in West Palm for the 4th, and mailed a 4 pack of 12ozers for us to enjoy out on the patio

warm glass, poured straight down. probably should angle at first and straighten up closer to end of pour :p

DSC_0001.jpg

Pour more slowly, i let the beer barely trickle out of the bottle. Finding a good medium for every beer is important though.

That is a nice look beer though.

wow this was your first brew? and you didnt even use a brew kit?

I'm about to order a complete homebrewers kit, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000E5ZJ2A

that is the one i'm planning on ordering. but i have realy no idea on how to brew but just love microbrews and would like to give it a shot. I used to brew up homemade kombucha and figure it should be somewhat similiar. But i thought it'd be safer to use a brew kit the first few times.

lemme kno, how easy was it really for ya first time? did u have anyone helpin you out? bcuz i dont think there are any homebrewers around where i live so i'd be on my own so to speak.

Back