First brew in bottles two weeks out !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratfink559

Reaction score
Just put first batch to bottle "white" second batch a red goes to ottle next week ! Cant wait to drink it tasted tonites while bottling tasted like shocktop ! Stoked !

36 12oz bottles and 5 22oz bottles !

ForumRunner_20120110_215911.jpg

Bottling after 2 weeks is fine, I've done it many times and never had a bomb. 3 weeks to condition and you'll be good to go :)

Bottling after 2 weeks is fine, I've done it many times and never had a bomb. 3 weeks to condition and you'll be good to go :)

oh for sure! if you pitch right and ferment at the right temp(s), 2 weeks is plenty for an ale. i was wondering about the 2 weeks in bottles thing, i know they say three weeks to condition, but i find mine start to come into their own after 4 weeks or so.

Fermented 15 days in carboy then to the bottels for 2-3 weeks its a white went for taste like a bluemoon/shocktop !

Ratfink559 said:
Fermented 15 days in carboy then to the bottels for 2-3 weeks its a white went for taste like a bluemoon/shocktop !

I'm with Nordeast- 6 weeks from grain to glass (when bottling) is usually ideal. For your wheat beer, I'd recommend even a tad longer (5 to 6 weeks conditioning), as wheats usually require a tad more time to develop. My opinion ;)

Back