First brew in awhile! (With other firsts)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airborneguy

Retired and Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It's awesome to finally be brewing again after a loooong 9 month hiatus. The birth of my second daughter threw off not only my whole schedule, but also my entire brewing set up. I've very slowly worked on getting my system tailored to my new space and time confinements, and here I am finally!

Today I'm using my electric stick for the first time (definitely need another one) and trying out first wort hopping also.

So far, I'm very happy with the stick even though its slow. I used it exclusively for the mash and sparge water and will be using it along with my burner to boil. Whenever I get around to making another stick, I should be able to brew all electric.

I hope everyone else's Memorial Day brews are going well!

That sounds great! I am planning on brewing tomorrow, and have my yeast starter in the fridge. If the weather is great, I might go fishing instead and brew later in the week. We'll see!

I'm going to make a cream ale (11 gallons) since we might have summer in the UP this year.

Welcome back to the hobby AB. The fact that we havent met up let alone brewed together yet is ridiculous, we still need to fix that.

I was going to crack wise about your "Electric Stick", but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Anyway, welcome back and I know you are going to have a lot of fun with a new system.

Of all the lame excuses to not be brewing, having a kid isn't one of them. Congrats on both the daughter and getting back into brewing. What'd you brew?

I know, I feel like a loser. ;)

I brewed an IPA with Citra and Amarillo. I FWH'ed it too, my first time trying the technique. Can't wait to taste it. I have 3 days off every other week. My goal is to brew the next two of those long "weekends" to get my pipeline filled again.

Back