First brew/first AG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_c

Reaction score
So I jumped right into brewing and went straight for an all grain wheat. Used WB-06.
it's been in the bottle for a week and I threw one in the fridge last night to see how it was doing... And it's great. The only complaint I had was there was almost no head. It went right down after about a min.
I won't complain. Plan on leaving it condition for at least 2 more weeks (may try a few next week too)
Just wanted to thank all the people that shared on the forum. Your experiences made my brew day a success.

It does take a bit of time for the proteins that make for a strong head to mature. You're likely to have much better heading in a couple of weeks.

Make sure that your glassware is clean and free of any soap residue. I had a couple batches with no head from using too much Oxiclean and not enough rinsing when preparing bottles.

Update. Couldn't wait a whole week, was out of beer lol, so put a couple in the fridge yesterday, and the head is better, flavor is exactly what I was after.
Now I am officially obsessed. Thinking about my next one already...

you have officially opened the hole into which you will throw money.....congrats....I think

Exactly. I love my life long brewing addiction, too bad I also love buying new equipment or building new brew systems. It probably costs me $10.00 a bottle with everything factored in. Oh well!!!!

Yeah, one brew under my belt and I am already planning on changing up my mash tun. So far I kept it cheap. Only thing I purchased was a brew kettle and some weldless fittings and valves...

Update. Couldn't wait a whole week, was out of beer lol, so put a couple in the fridge yesterday, and the head is better, flavor is exactly what I was after.

It is time to stop thinking about the next one and get it underway. Otherwise you will be in the same predicament soon, trying your beers before they are really ready because you are out of beer.

Now that you have noticed the difference, be advised that most beers continue to get better. If you think you now have the flavor you were after, you must have had low expectations.:mug:

Yes my expectations were quite low. I was more concerned with the process to familiarize myself with brewing. Having better than drinkable beer is definitely a plus and has me excited to do it again.

Back