First brew Day Saturday!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marshallbeer

Reaction score
I'm brewing my first beer this weekend. I am doing an irish stout. I'd like to thank everyone here for their knowledge. If I have a question about anything I do a quick search and I usualy find 10 good ways of doing something.

It went pretty well. Def should have steeped my grains a little longer. Was going for a 1.057 and ended up with a 1.051 and I think it's because of how long I steeped. Should have tested the wort before taking the grains out.

Figured out I don't have to have the turkey fryer going full boar to maintain a boil and it helps stop boil overs. The spray bottle methos really helped prvent that.

Cooling with my wort chiller took a little longer than I would of hoped but I got it done.

Checked 24 hours later and the airlock was going pretty good. So as long as I didn't get an infection I should have some drinkable beer. I'm pretty confident that didn't happen because I was pretty crazy about sanitizing things even when I prob didn't need to.

Thanks to everyone on here for there help!

-Mike

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

Back