First BREW Day in Japan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellow70cooper

Reaction score
Hello All,

As I stated before this will be my first Okinawa IPA the recipe is pretty simple,

I am using the Midwest english bitter kit with a few hop substitutions and different yeast.

8lbs MO
8oz caramel 10
8oz carapils
1oz Chinook hops FWH
1 oz east Kent Goldings 30 min
1 oz east Kent Goldings at 15 with a bit of irsh moss

My yeast is Safeale s-04

I will mash at 154 for 60 min with a single batch sparge

Any thoughts on this would helpful

Thanks

Well, the recipe looks good to me. I've had some pretty tasty batches that came from Midwest recipe kits. Good luck, and enjoy your time on the tropical island paradise!

Just don't watch too much AFN over there. I still have a stupid OPSEC commercial stuck in my head.

Cool! Someone else in Japan. I'm in Tokyo.
I've been thinking of visiting Okinawa later this year. Set up a brew for me, will you? ;)

Looking forward to hearing the results of your first.

Come to the ISland enjoy the sun and a homebrew or 2 I should be in the keg serving in 3 weeks. I just have to figure out how to convert the Japanese Co2 bottle to fit my American regulator and I will be in buisness.:)

Hey Yellow70Cooper,

I just got home in possession of an adapter which has been successfully tested to connect my US sized regulator to a Japanese CO2 bottle. I'll be brewing tomorrow and hopefully have MY first keg pull (a blueberry flavored recipe from mdhb.com for the wife, who authorized the kegging kit for Xmas) in a few weeks, as well!

After SIGNIFICANT effort and NUMEROUS failed attempts, here is the answer you are looking for, to CONVERT US TO JAPANESE CO2 BOTTLES:

Go to the Okano Gas company. They'll sell you the adapter and a little clear plastic washer for ¥2,500 (about $30). To get to the place, go out Kadena Gate #3 (the one North past Burger King) and turn left. Follow the road around the flightline to Rt 16 (first light, I think... vertical dragon sign on corner). Turn right and then make an IMMEDIATE right into the driveway. Park on the right and then walk to the first building (the sign says something about Water Bottling).

Just a warning, with the NewYears Holliday (week), I'm not sure what their hours will be. Also, I just bought 2 adapters (one for my buddy) and I'm not sure how many more they keep in-stock.

Back