First Brew day a success!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irunxcjm

Reaction score
So, I brewed my first 5 gallon beer today! It was an Irish red ale from Midwest. Things went so well and it was a lot of fun. I played around with Mr. Beer several years ago, and things never turned out very well, so I gave up. I got the bug again recently and decided to invest in a better setup. I plan on leaving this in the primary for three weeks then bottle (I don't have a secondary). I want this to be my St. Paddy's Day beer. Thanks so much to everyone who posts on here. This is my first post, but I've been reading this forum for a couple of months now.

Cheers! :mug:
Jake

Look forward to hearing about it once you get to drink some. :mug:

irunxcjm said:
So, I brewed my first 5 gallon beer today! It was an Irish red ale from Midwest. Things went so well and it was a lot of fun. I played around with Mr. Beer several years ago, and things never turned out very well, so I gave up. I got the bug again recently and decided to invest in a better setup. I plan on leaving this in the primary for three weeks then bottle (I don't have a secondary). I want this to be my St. Paddy's Day beer. Thanks so much to everyone who posts on here. This is my first post, but I've been reading this forum for a couple of months now.

Cheers! :mug:
Jake

I live in KC as well and I did my first 5 gallons today. (Actually I am not completely finished yet.) Cool to see other KC residents on here!

So, I bottled my beer last Saturday. Everything went pretty smooth. SWMBO even helped out even though she won't drink a drop of this stuff. She's not much of a beer drinker. After reading another post on here where someone was tasting his beer each week to get an idea how the beer ages, I decided to try this as well. So, I popped open one today, one week post-bottling. It tasted pretty good. It is still really green, but it had good carbonation. It was also a little cloudy. I wasn't too concerned with this since I didn't use a secondary and kind of expected it. I think this is going to be good in a few weeks!

Jake

After reading another post on here where someone was tasting his beer each week to get an idea how the beer ages
That's certainly the excus^h^h^h^h^hreason I use to open one each week after bottling. Glad it's looking good.

Rick (I suppose the ^h is showing my age.)

Back