First Brew Boss brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhumbline

Reaction score
I've had the system for a while but work and travel ate up all my time.

Today I did my first non extract brew and my first brew with the system. I don't yet have a dedicated space for the setup, so it was a bit of a circus of me wrestling wires and hoses.

It got 12 gallons of water to strike temp in 27 minutes, kept temps within 1 degree. I created a brew profile for the day but it's honestly just as easy to use one of the preprogrammed ones and make changes on the fly.

3.5 hours from switching it on to having everything cleaned, sanitized, and stowed.

I'm very pleased with the experience.

Hoping to do a RIS next...

Here's a bunch of templates I made. General Ale, Belgian/dry ale, IPA, wheat/hefe, and stout/porter

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=533633

Excellent! Thanks.

Once I've got a permanent setup, I want to also do cheeses.

I'd like to see the software improved a bit to make creating profiles a bit more intuitive but other than that I'm very happy with my choice.

mOOps, Thanks so much for sharing. I have I guess 10 brews under my belt with my 15 gallon COLI system and have had good luck. I had a interference issue with the wireless but that has been corrected. I like the system.

Back