First brew, bad taste after bottle conditioning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craniumboy

Reaction score
Howdy,

Brewed up my first brew, midwest supplies honey weizen, and all seemed good until after i cracked into a bottle after 4 weeks of bottle conditioning. Beer tasted good at week 3 in bottle, although a little too sweet, and thought maybe it would settle out by week 4. Then i cracked into it at week 4 and it was kinda tart. same exist at week 5. I'm curious as to maybe WHAT i could have done wrong to get this flavor. i plan on brewing the same beer kit in a few weeks so i can hopefully better my brew

As you know beer tastes differently at different times of the day and depending on what you are in the mood for.

Which makes it very hard to judge your own beer objectively.

Secondly, bottle conditioning is not going to sour your beer in a week's time. It's only going to carbonate.

It's possible the difference is the amount of carbonation. Carbonation can be described as tart/acidic/etc. It's entirely possible your beer doesn't taste as sweet when carbonated.

Plus, this beer should be light and alcohol heavy thus relatively dry.

Latest posts

Back